Monday, July 12, 2010

32 Weeks and Counting!

Wow, I can't believe we are 8 weeks away from meeting Baby Manos! It feels like time has gone by so fast, but then I look at the calendar and I realize its been a long journey. From morning sickness to waiting for a baby bump to appear then wishing the baby bump was not so big. I guess a lot has happened over the last 8 months. While the baby has been busy growing BIG and strong, this time has also been essential to Jerome and I trying to becoming mentally and spiritually prepared to be parents. I have always respected other parents that I know, as well as my own Mom and Dad but being on the verge of becoming a mother has given me a whole new respect for parents in general. I have many moments where I need to tell myself if they can do it, so can I. I mean sometimes its hard enough trying to take care of myself and now it will be all about taking care of a baby. If nothing else, the last few months have shown me just how much I need God. Not just knowing he is there if I need him, but truly relying on his spirit to guide me in my actions and thoughts. I know that need only becomes greater as I Jerome and I try to raise our children. Yesterday at church, we were singing a song about God's Grace and I was thanking God that I will have his grace upon me as a mother. I pray my little one will learn to be forgiving and full of grace also.

So Jerome and I have also been doing A LOT of nesting lately. Yes, I said Jerome and I. I think he gotten bitten by the bug worse than me because every weekend for the last 3 weeks he's been painting rooms in our house. Its so cute to see him so enthralled with getting our home ready. I will post a few pics of the house, but every room was updated with new paint and Jerome is most proud of the 1/2 bath downstairs that he painted RED! It looks beautiful. Thanks Babe! Your hard work means more to me than you realize! The babies room is almost ready and I have been having lots of fun doing the first few loads of baby laundry. Its all so tiny.

Oh, and Yes we are 32 weeks pregnant. My belly has gotten bigger than I thought it would and my poor skin has stretched more than I imagined possible. And we still have 8 weeks to go, amazing what the body can handle. Little Manos is VERY active and its been absolutely amazing to watch my tummy move. It just fills me up with so much Joy knowing there is a little person in there. I have to be honest and say that I don't enjoy the not sleeping part. My legs are so tingly and twitchy at night so its been hard to sleep. Thankfully Jerome has been so sweet and will rub my legs and feet when they get really bad. This week they say the baby is between 3-4 pounds and nearing its final length.
I will post pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment