Monday, August 23, 2010

Finally..The Nusery is done!





Yes, the nursery is finally done. It makes everything so real. Jerome did a wonderful job painting the room a light beige and putting the furniture together. We can't wait for the baby to get here and add some gender appropriate touches to the walls. The room is so relaxing and I am looking forward to sitting in the rocker with little Jordynn or Elijah and making lots of memories. Thanks to all for everything you have given us for the baby. From furniture to clothes to books and everything in between, Jerome and I can't believe how blessed we've been. You have all had a part in getting this little room ready and stocked full of the necessities. When we first found out we were having a baby I felt so overwhelmed thinking of everything we would need. It's amazing how God provides because we really got everything we needed from our loved ones.What a lesson in learning to trust God for the big and small things in life. I am praying that I learn each day to trust God in my ability to be a mother.
So I am 38 weeks, which means I have 2 weeks until my due date on September 5th. Crazy, time has flown by. I officially started my maternity leave today and had such a relaxing day. I slept in, went to the gym and walked, ran some errands. Once I got home I spent the rest of the day laying at the pool. It was so nice to just relax and not be staring at a computer or worrying about catching a BART train. Thank you Lord for this time. I am truly appreciating every moment of peace and quiet.
In other Manos family news, Chabot football has officially started. Great timing right, new baby and the crazy busy football season. Thankfully, I know we have such amazing friends and family so I will have lots of help. I am just sad because I know I won't be able to make it to every game this year. I am so proud of Jerome and all the hard work he puts into being the best coach he can be. I won't lie, I definitely get frustrated about the time commitment, but when I see Jerome out on the field it all goes away. God has given him such a gift in coaching and his ability to be an example to young men. There is nothing like watching your husband be used by God. Its like a gift that keeps being unwrapped as you realize the depth to which God is using you. I am so proud of you honey! If anyone wants to come cheer the Chabot Gladiators on with me, just let me know. Me and the baby would love your company!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, super cute. I love the tree on the wall! Only needs one more thing.... A BABY! =)

    ReplyDelete