Thursday, January 28, 2010

Celebrating our Baby News











So even though were on our strict Dave Ramsey budget, I decided our baby news was worth doing something fun to celebrate. Good thing I have been setting aside extra $$ for a special occasion. I surprised Jerome with a day at Point Reyes and then a night away in Bodega Bay. In my head it was meant to be just a quick, but relaxing and loving little getaway. I planned a yummy picnic lunch to eat on the beach at Point Reyes then a trip to the lighthouse to go whale watching. After that, I would pretend we were driving home, then......Surprise, Were heading to Bodega Bay for a romantic night away. He would find the suitcase I snuck in the trunk and be so excited! Like I said, in my head it sounded great. But since someone (me) did not pay attention to the weather, our weekend turned out a little different. Jerome loved it anyway.

We had to eat out picnic in the car because it was pouring and very windy. When it died down, we went for a short walk on the beach, but decided it was too cold to go to the lighthouse. Oh well. Maybe we'll see the whales another time. He was so surprised when I did not drive home but instead went in the other direction. We had an amazing room with a fireplace, which was great because it was still raining outside. We ended up staying in the room instead of exploring Bodega Bay. It was still fun and a great way to celebrate our little one. The best part was being able to surprise Jerome. I am so thankful for Jerome. He is such a great man and I am so excited to see how wonderful he will be as a dad.

I will post more soon about how I am feeling, but right now I am extremely nauseous and being on the computer is making it worse. The joys of pregnancy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment