Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why didn't anyone tell me...

that I was going to feel completely crazy during the first trimester! I mean, you've all had kids. All I hear from you is that it's so amazing bringing a child into the world. Someone forgot to mention the nausea, moodiness, constipation, being so tired I want to sleep with my clothes on and let's not forget the tears that come out of nowhere. So..if you are wondering how I've been feeling, that should sum it up. Poor Jerome, he is not quite sure what to make of all this emotional craziness, but we both hope it ends soon. He's become fabulous at just giving me a big bear hug and letting me cry as long as I want. He is definitely earning himself some points!

While I haven't been feeling so great, the thought if whats going on inside me does make it better. Its amazing to me that God designed our bodies and minds to handle such an incredible task. At the moments when I literally want to lose it, cry and vomit everywhere, I remember this amazing gift God has given me. I may be sarcastic and a bit negative about how I'm feeling, but I do know how blessed I am. Thank you Lord for this opportunity to love another human being the way that you love us. I pray that Jerome and I are able to be a constant example of your grace and compassion in this baby's life.

So this is my 10th week, and were finally going to our first Doctor apt tomorrow. I can't wait!! Jerome is hoping were having twins, but I think one will be enough. Here is a pic of the size of the baby this week. It's about the size of this Kumquat in the picture. It seems so small, which does not make sense because my tummy is already starting to pooch out a little. All I can say is that pregnancy is crazy and amazing, all at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. "At the moments when I literally want to lose it, cry and vomit everywhere..."

    I can't stop laughing at the truthfulness of this comment. Sorry we didn't warn you but really, you kinda forget all that stuff anyways. =) Start using straight almond oil on your stomach/hips/chest now so that its nice and supple and ready to stretch. No stretchmarks are wonderful. =)

    It does get better.....its amazing how at about 12 weeks exactly, you literally feel so much better....but for those first 12 you feel like you're going to lose your sanity.

    Good job Jerome. You're earning brownie points from all your friends as well. =)

    So, how many were there?

    ReplyDelete